top question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 4th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Jim Ferrarini
top question

I just bought my 94 soft top 3 months ago and finally got around to seeing what tops came with the car. So far I have a Bimini top and a full tonnau (*sp?) cover. I started unrolling my full top and realized its not like the ones I always see. It's a bestop and it looks like it goes over the front, down the angled bars and across the back. It has little triangle windows between the doors and the angled bars and has a zip out rear window. Like I said I've never seen one before (I'm new to these cars) so my question is what the hell is it and does it work with a full cage? Anyone have the installation instructions?

thanks guys,

Old March 4th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605
That is the fastback top. When the D-90's first cam eot the states they came standard with only the diagonal braces, the full "safari cage" as it is referred to was an additional option. The fastback top will only work if you take the back half of the cage off. If you don't want to do that you need to buy a full top. The fastback top should sell quickly as their always seems to be a couple of people looknig for one.

Hope this answers your question!

If the truck makes it - the trail wasn't tough enough.
If the truck doesn't make it - the truck wasn't tough enough.
Old March 4th, 2006, 09:42 PM
1995 SW #487/500
the fastback or a truck cab otherwise topless
Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions