Tithonus Hardtop Measurement - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 9th, 2014, 02:37 PM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

Tithonus Hardtop Measurement

Hi All,

I need an interior clearance measurement on a Tithonus between the roll cage and the hard top on the sides. I know the top rubbed because I had some foam between the two, but can't remember how much space I had on the sides.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 10th, 2014, 11:33 AM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

My plan was to fit some Masai windows into the Tithonus hardtop but when I was holding them up to the soft top I realized how thick the windows were and didn't account for that in my plan. Just wanted to avoid putting the hardtop on twice.

I think I'm screwed but just wanted to know if there was a chance this would work. I hate the idea of having fixed windows because the truck is like an oven in November with the hardtop on and 60F during the day. Wanted the option of opening a side window for some breeze.

Webasto sure was nice this morning when it was 28F though.
Old November 10th, 2014, 12:38 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Could a soft top window be incorporated? Maybe riveted at the top, snapped at the sides and alone the bottom so you can roll them up when necessary? A marine top outfit could probably hook that up fairly easy if you felt the aesthetics were on par.

Raub's top looks bitchn with the sides cut out IMO. Totally changes the look of that top.

Clay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 10th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
~9mm

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
hardtop, tithonus, top