Tire and Rim Advice - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 28th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665
Tire and Rim Advice

I have a 93 110 with an OME 2" lift that I want to put Tornado rims on. I have been told that I will have to use wheel spacers for those rims but I dont know if that is true or not. The new wheel set will be for street driving as the original wheels I will retain with the MT's(235/85/16). I am going to use BFG AT's on the new set and am thinking 285/75/16. Will the Tornado wheels stick out of the well very far or does the offset of the rim keep it in the well like the stock rim.

Thanks, Mike

Old July 28th, 2007, 09:50 PM
J. Michael McCaig
D90 ST, LR110, Series IIa, RRC
You will need to use the spacers or remove the center wheel caps because of the kind of hubs you have on the 110 (The disc brake rear salisbury axle has the smaller hubs and don't need spacers). If I remember right, the offset with the Tornado rim and the stock 110 rim are the same, only the Tornado rim is a half inch wider. One more advantage; if you use the spacers to move the wheels out, the wider tires will be less likely to interfer with the radius arms in a tight turn.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions