time to remove and install soft top on d90? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 16th, 2012, 03:55 PM
time to remove and install soft top on d90?

Hey guys im still shopping around for a d90 and heard that removing and installing is a PITA. Is this true? Please advise..

Old December 16th, 2012, 04:10 PM
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team
Yeas, installing a ST in cold weather is a pain, you need to put in your garage with a heater and wait until it is good and pliable.

Old December 16th, 2012, 05:12 PM
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
Depends - original soft top with truck (if it's still even in one piece) yes - expect quite a bit of necessary patience in order to re-install it without ripping it. Badger top - takes me about 8 minutes to put on by myself - 10 minutes if I'm doing it for the Winter time (i.e. I take more time to make sure everything is tight). Fitting it to the windshield header bar is the biggest PITA because I have lights on the rollbar up there, but otherwise is fairly painless - the last little belt rail piece that is behind the tire carrier on the rear passenger side is the hardest part.

Really not enough effort to dismiss a ST.
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

90, d90, soft top, top