time to remove and install soft top on d90? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 16th, 2012, 03:55 PM
galileo
galileo
none

time to remove and install soft top on d90?

Hey guys im still shopping around for a d90 and heard that removing and installing is a PITA. Is this true? Please advise..

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2012, 04:10 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Yeas, installing a ST in cold weather is a pain, you need to put in your garage with a heater and wait until it is good and pliable.

Old December 16th, 2012, 05:12 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Depends - original soft top with truck (if it's still even in one piece) yes - expect quite a bit of necessary patience in order to re-install it without ripping it. Badger top - takes me about 8 minutes to put on by myself - 10 minutes if I'm doing it for the Winter time (i.e. I take more time to make sure everything is tight). Fitting it to the windshield header bar is the biggest PITA because I have lights on the rollbar up there, but otherwise is fairly painless - the last little belt rail piece that is behind the tire carrier on the rear passenger side is the hardest part.

Really not enough effort to dismiss a ST.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, soft top, top