Throttle/gas pedal cable - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 14th, 2008, 06:02 AM
dfscott
Daryl Scott
1994 Defender

Throttle/gas pedal cable

Where might I lube the throttle cable on my 94 d90 that connects to the carburetor from the gas pedal? My gas pedal feels "tight" as if the cable needs lubrication or replacement. I tried penatrating oil at a place above the pedal but I can't seem to find a good point at which to lubricate the cable. Near the carb, the cable is wraped in rubber. I can't remember if the cable "opens" below the carb.

Alternatively, is it difficult to replace the cable? Difficult as in replacement without without a lift or fingers the size of a three year old? Thanks. Daryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 14th, 2008, 07:22 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Its probably best to get some lithium grease in a spray can, and shoot it down from the speedo end. I'm not sure how far it will get. Everything is a little more sealed up from the engine side. The cable is easy to replace if you are convinced that is your trouble, but before you go replacing or even greasing, make sure your cable isnt kinked somewhere and that its not getting hung up on your floor mats or something.

And not to be picky, but the cable terminates near the throttle body, not a carb - your fuel injected 94 doesn't have carbs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 15th, 2008, 12:21 PM
dfscott
Daryl Scott
1994 Defender

thanks Jim.....and your carb/fuel injector comment was helpful, not picky....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 15th, 2008, 01:56 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Given the safety issues involved, I would just replace it.

Also, make sure it is not the pedal assembly itself that is sticking.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
gas