Thoughts on 97 NAS D90 Undercarriage Rust - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 15th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
There are no more $20 NAS D90s corroded or otherwise.
You wouldn't think so...but then there was the $7500 CL score of a NAS SW from a garage in WV last month!

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2016, 02:58 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
You wouldn't think so...but then there was the $7500 CL score of a NAS SW from a garage in WV last month! .
True. It does happen. I'd feel massive guilt, personally. It could have happened the other day when an Alpine '94 NAS ST owner from Montana contacted Columbia Roving in Portland. The guy had a clean truck that he just was too old to drive. He had it since new. Asked what he could get for it, Columbia said "somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 to 55. The owner responded, "$55-hundred? That's great!"..............

At this point, Columbia could have stolen the truck.

Nope. "$55-thousand," Columbia responded. "Wow! That's almost twice what I paid," said the owner. "Would you sell it for me for that?"........"Sure" ;-)

It may be on the market (on consignment) very soon. Possibly already.
Old July 15th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
That's a good story David.
The one in WV was wrecked but only needs a front wing and a door.
It was wrecked in '07 and sat in a garage.
Story goes, severAl people looked at it but it wasn't a "Jeep" as advertised. LOL
A Rover dude snatched it up.
And he's not flipping it; he owns 7 others.
He's just like the rest of us.

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2016, 04:48 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
IMHO, you really need to see pictures of the bulkhead underneath the windshield, the floor panels of the bulkhead (not just a flip up of the mat, the whole floor), door bottoms, the ears on the rear outriggers of the frame (the vertical tabs on the frame that bolt onto the tub.)

IMHO, even a totally rusted out frame is almost totally irrelevant. If the rest of the truck were perfect, and only the frame was rusty, then you could just buy a new galvy frame and do a not-very-difficult swap of the parts.

But if, as others are saying, the aluminum parts are corroded and/or the bulkhead is toast, and/or the doors are toast, then you have a lot more to worry about.

Lots of photos missing to really evaluate the truck, unfortunately.
Old July 15th, 2016, 05:09 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
The one in WV was wrecked but only needs a front wing and a door. It was wrecked in '07 and sat in a garage. He's just like the rest of us. .
It's just a feel good story with a happy ending. I didn't mean to plug Columbia, but they're good people. I like people that do right by others.

That WV deal doesn't bother me. IMHO, that truck got saved! The owner didn't bother to even make an effort or recognize what he had. If the buyer AND the seller are happy, then good deal. Doesn't matter to me who's more happy. The PO of the WV 90 was probably stoked to finally sell it at even $7500.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, 97, d90, ht, nas