Thoughts - Flex Fuel line replacement - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Thoughts - Flex Fuel line replacement

O.K. so we have those 2 little rubber lines above the gas tank for fuel to and from the fuel rail. Do they ever go bad? I have the tank out and was wondering should I replace them. They don't look cracked and are still fexible but....since I am here. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2013, 07:26 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Be careful with those. The T s are brittle and will break. The lines last for a very very long time. I would not do anything to them until I have to.
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:44 PM
sirjond
Jonny
1995 D90 ST Alpine White

my two cents...you are there, replace the whole thing. You can get it from RN for a decent price. It would suck if you did the work and left them only to find out 4 months down the road you have to take it all apart again because they go bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Yeah I was just pricing that stuff out today, the harder vent piping line...it's $300.00 bucks for those...kinda rich for a couple of feet of plastic tubing...just sayin-
Old July 26th, 2013, 09:35 AM
taoseno
Todd Kendrick
1995 D90 #2206 Original Owner

Registry
Yea about four years ago I had a gas smell and decided to drop the tank and replace fuel pump while down there; at the time there was no one making these flex fuel lines. Good thing cause there is no way I would pay $300. Once I got everything back together no more fuel leak. Had they been available for a reasonable price I would have replaced while down there. I have dropped the fuel tank for various reasons so many times over the years it is a routine.........
'95 D90 #2206
'66 109" P/U
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:59 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Thanks guys.
The vent lines suck- I did break a T and am going to replace it with a brass one. Jim Pendy suggested using hot oil to head up the line in order to push it over the T barb. I figure some wesson in the microwave should get the oil nice and hot to dip the end in.
I was more directing the question and the actual fuel lines themselves and you guys are right...since I am there, might as well do it. So I have been pushed over the edge by you all. I will price out those lines or have them made locally by a Hose Pro or other vendor.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
flex, fuel