The [Un]Official Where to Get Your Rover Fixed Thread - Page 12 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 15th, 2016, 10:02 PM
kracdown
Elliot
1991 D110 200Tdi

Looking for people in Chicago to do a check up on my 200TDI that's arriving from Spain and maybe some light restoration work...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2016, 07:58 PM
terminus
CHRISTOPHER
1984/D90

Does anyone know where I can get my Defender worked on in Indianapolis area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2016, 05:44 PM
Squaretyre
Landan
94 d90

Registry
Central Coast CA

San Luis Obisbo

British Sports Cars

Marsh Ave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160930_124728.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	158830  
Old October 10th, 2016, 01:41 PM
pl626
Peter
1995 Range Rover County SWB

Registry
SRS light on the RRC needed to be reset for VA safety inspection, but apparently AMS doesn't have a Testbook anymore, so I crossed the river last Friday into Goose's Marylandistan to Independent in Bethesda. Dean was super nice and kind enough to give me a tour of the facilities and talk to me about the various projects they have. He didn't have the Testbook at that location, but said he could take care of me on Monday.

Dean took care of my SRS light in a matter of minutes, and told me to come back if it popped up again before the inspection. Very happy to say that the VA inspection is now behind me for another year, thanks to Dean.

As others have said before, Independent SPT in Bethesda is a great shop with experienced LR people, both heritage and new LRs. Very professional and courteous. If he ever shows up at the NoVA HH, I'm sure he'll be drinking gratis...

Also have to say that Overland 4X4 in Alexandria is another great place in the DMV area. John is incredibly knowledgeable as well. My friend down the street swears by his shop, but Overland is actually farther for us, though it is close to his office.

pc

'95 RRC SWB
'95 RRC LWB (Sold)
'06 E350 Sport
'87 HD FLST w/ '02 Fatboy sheetmetal
'02 Hobie Getaway
Old November 15th, 2016, 10:47 AM
ElCidD90
Tyler
1995 D90SW #166/500

Do NOT take your Land Rover or any other car to AA Auto in Charleston. I took my new (to me) Defender 90 to them for an oil change and to install the 4 jump seats in the back. I had temporary prepositioned the seats in the back to where I assumed they went. Apparently they were placed in the wrong spot but, AA went ahead and installed the seats in this position without even talking to me. I would have never had them install seats in the wrong place. Get real. I'm a novice at best when it comes to this car. They initially wanted $200 to install the 4 seats, working at $100 an hour. I was told that not just anyone can install these seats so I felt comfortable with them doing so and we agreed on $150.
Well, when I got home I found out that the seat backs we not screwed in (apparently I told them I wanted to install those which makes NO sense) and the seat bottoms were installed incorrectly. The support on the jump seat does not support the seat when its down. Why a company would ever install something that is incorrect is beyond me. I paid them to install the seats correctly and they failed miserably to do so.
I then took the truck back for them to fix the seats thinking they would make it right. After talking to them on the phone (it'll only take a couple hrs to fix)...4 days later I got a call saying that they installed the seats how I wanted them. Why would I want seats installed incorrectly?
Now to fix the situation Brian wants 4-5 hours to make it right, meaning $400-$500. Who is he kidding? This place is a joke. I even have sent them other Defender 90's in the past and this is the level of the customer service that they provide. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR HERE. I read the other reviews of this place and figured I'd give them a shot. I should have stuck with my gut and taken the other negative reviews seriously that I've read. There's a reason why our friend in common doesn't bring his truck to you anymore either.
Lots of thanks for nothing. Act like you care about your customers next time before you install something incorrectly.
Tyler 843.737.1380

------ Follow up post added November 15th, 2016 10:49 AM ------

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CARE TO AA AUTO IN CHARLESTON[

QUOTE=Weldon;173910]Here's one in Charleston, SC...

AA Auto Services
9 Amy Elsey Drive
Charleston, SC 29407
www.a-aauto.com
843-571-2190

A-A Auto has been servicing the Charleston area since 1990. Bryan Strickland, A-A's director, has 20+ years experience in auto service and repair. Not only do our technicians have a thorough understanding of domestic repairs, they have extensive experience with Land Rovers, Mercedes Benz, and Porsche. We are proud of our team's commitment, skills, and knowledge. Our labor rates are affordable and much lower than most competitors. The service and confidence that you will experience is priceless. We do all service ranging from oil changes to complete engine / transmission rebuilds. If it seems too good to be true, come in or call us for a free estimate. Rest assured, we guarantee all work.[/QUOTE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions