Terrafirma Anyone? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 22nd, 2009, 02:33 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Terrafirma Anyone?

Is anyone using Terrafirma suspension kit or parts? I had a LR tech and independent shop owner suggest that I consider a Terrafirma suspension kit to include shock turrets, mounts, coils, shocks, steering dampers, and a host of other suspension items. He told me he has been real happy with their quality. I have no first (or second) hand knowledge of anyone else using Terrafirma stuff.
So, if anyone has experience with or knowledge of their products I'd love to hear about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2009, 03:07 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
From what I understand its just a more coherent marketing strategy for Allmakes parts. The impression I get is that they are a step above Britpart. I don't have comprehensive experience with their products, however oftentimes when you order a "proline" part from RN - it comes in an Allmakes box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old September 22nd, 2009, 03:10 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Buy OME or RTE or better yet, just get some lockers.
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2009, 03:43 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
All ready locked the rear.
I have also been looking at Equipe. Spoke with Justin a couple weeks ago.
RTE seemed to be having some difficulty getting springs made. I tried to order a few time fro them this summer and was told to try them in a few months. So I have been hunting for a suspension setup.

Jim - so it sounds like a rebadged Allmakes?
Old September 22nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Clarence, here is the thing with D90s and suspension. If you go above 2in you really should do the full boat with suspension links and DC driveshafts, but with 2in you can clear 34-35in tires which is about all you should be running on the stock axles and diffs anyway. Both my previous D90s had OME springs and shocks and would have done great locked with bigger tires.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
It is re-badged Allmakes, absolutely.

Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:13 AM
Cmikefly
William Challancin
97 NAS D90

I installed the full Terraferma system as it was the only option in my area. I have been so far very happy with the set up. I installed front and rear dislocation cones, lowered shock brackets/turrets with the external reservoir shocks. I opted for the heavy duty springs in the front and medium duty in the rear………should have gone HD all around. I also installed Discovery spring isolators top and bottom on all 4 springs. The result was around 3 – 3.5 inches of lift. A CV front driveshaft from Tom Woods cured any vibrations. The radius arms and trailing arms see very HD as well.

The ride on corrugated roads is much improved over the stock setup and articulation is also great. the spring will pop and clang as they relocate but I can only assume that this is normal. I would recommend using original rubber bushing where the radius and trailing arms attach to the frame as the polyurethane will limit travel.

If you have any additional questions please feel to PM me anytime. Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00438.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	21688   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00439.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	21689  

Name:	DSC00440.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	21690   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00441.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	21691  

Name:	DSC00443.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	21692  

1997 NAS D90
2005 110 TD5

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions