Terra Firma quality question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 12th, 2014, 02:22 PM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

Terra Firma quality question

Now that these springs have been out a while has anyone had issues with them? I have the Med duty 2" set up that has been on my truck a couple of years now(probably less than 20K miles) and my left front is sagging an inch. They were fairly equal when i first put them on and I checked that everything is still seated properly. Has anyone experienced similar issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 12th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz View Post
Now that these springs have been out a while has anyone had issues with them? I have the Med duty 2" set up that has been on my truck a couple of years now(probably less than 20K miles) and my left front is sagging an inch. They were fairly equal when i first put them on and I checked that everything is still seated properly. Has anyone experienced similar issues?
No issues for me. I was using HD springs and loved the ride. Do you have a winch or winch bumper? Your truck is "heavier" on the right side, which is why some springs like OME are sided to compensate. But you are sagging on the opposite side. I'd swap sides on the springs and see what happens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old April 12th, 2014, 05:51 PM
myoverlandrover
josh

Not springs but I had an issue with their belly skid plate fitting.
Advertisement

Old April 12th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Hit or miss for me, my truck is covered in that stuff. Slider's holes weren't close to matching, fuel skid fit perfectly, cracked front diff guard, bent rear, adjustable panhard fit perfect and is really nice, and the springs work great, 2 shock bushings went though.
Old April 12th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
I was using HD springs and loved the ride.

That's interesting. I drove a 110 double cab a year or two ago that had a TF kit on it, and it was the worst riding suspension I've ever felt in a Land Rover short of leaf springs.
Old April 12th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
That's interesting. I drove a 110 double cab a year or two ago that had a TF kit on it, and it was the worst riding suspension I've ever felt in a Land Rover short of leaf springs.
Granted I like a firm ride and like stiff springs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old April 12th, 2014, 08:14 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
...I take offense to that..

------ Follow up post added April 12th, 2014 07:15 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Granted I like a firm ride and like stiff springs.
Ditto.
Old April 12th, 2014, 08:55 PM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

It's a 110 and it's pretty weighted down, but evenly. It was pretty level for a while. I just noticed it was leaning and measured the height. I think I just may have got a spring that didn't get the same tempering so t has compressed faster than the other one. I can't speak to the quality of their other products, just shocks and springs. If I change them out Ill probably go with RTE and bilsteins or fox and go with the heavy duty set up since I have added the bumpers, winch and the bed box full of tools. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the brand. I was just curious how the springs were holding up for everyone else that has installed them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions