Temperature sender thread type/pitch? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 9th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Neo
Jeffrey Rosbrugh
95 D90 ST #2585

Temperature sender thread type/pitch?

Hi guys, anyone out there know the thread type and pitch for the temperture sendor on the front of the intake? I am (per the general suggestions) changing all my guages to nice VDO ones and need to change the temp sender. It apears as though it uses a compression washer (perhaps copper?) instead of the typical pipe fitting. Anlso, if anyone knows where I can get an adapter to the thread type there to 1/8NPT that would be great. Otherwise, I guess I have to make one in the machine shop under the cover of darkness! Thanks alot!
Jeff
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2006, 12:48 PM
kolvedic
Bill Lewis
1995 White SW 339/500

Registry
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...&highlight=vdo

I have a box full ready to go but haven't had time to install them yet. I found this info in the above thread. I searched for vdo and look for the 'Dash Board Lights' thread. Not sure if the copy and paste of the link will work or not.

Bill
Old March 9th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

I never did find one to make it fit 1/8NPT, despite a few part numbers that people suggested. I ended up cutting down a random 5/8 fitting to make an adapter on the lathe. Took me about 15 minutes or so.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Neo
Jeffrey Rosbrugh
95 D90 ST #2585

Ha! Bill, that is the same thread that motivated me to do this! I must have quit following it when it got down to DJ's post indicating M14-1.5 thread on the intake maniford for the temp sender. Hans you indicate above 5/8" fitting you used, so does that mean 5/8-11 thread with the crush washer, or was it the M14-1.5 thread with a crush (like DJ indicates he thought it was in the thread Bill cited?) Thanks for all the help!! Right now the gauge is not reading squat so I figure I need to get the darn sender changed out. Thanks!
Old March 9th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

I did use the crush washer for sealing, but I believe it was 5/8 UNF as I was using the FAQ at the time as a source...... to be honest, I have seen a lot of conflicting info on the actual threading of that sender port. I didn't have a proper thread gauge with me at the time to measure and confirm what it actually is. Also, mine was on a '94 with a 3.9 and V-belts and distributor, I belive there was a change when they went to the GEMS igntion.

-Hans

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions