Temperature indication - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 27th, 2012, 10:58 AM
1990 110
Temperature indication

I am trouble shooting a temp indication issue in my 110 and am looking for a little help. Trying to find the cause. When I turn the key, the temp gauge needle does move every so slightly, but will never move farther than that (remains just below "C"). The engine is obviously warming as at the end of the day I can feel a normal amount of heat from the engine when I check. I was curious as to you guys thoughts. Do you think it is the gauge, the temp sender, or the wiring? I changed out the contact on the temp sender which was a little corroded and still get the same result. Looking for ideas before I buy parts.

Old December 27th, 2012, 11:04 AM
72 + D1 drivetrain
Replace the sender.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions