tdi radiator - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 24th, 2006, 11:44 AM
109/110 ambulance-55 series I
tdi radiator

Looking for some advise on 300tdi radiators. My tdi has been running on the warmer side and judging from the color of my coolent last time I changed it that radiator is getting old.
Do you think I should stick with stock?
If custom, has anyone done this and how much did it cost?
I'm thinking about a custom because my tdi is mounted 2in back on the frame so there is plenty of room for a thicker radiator.

While we are talking about it... what about a custom intercooler... They have to be cheeper than the allisport ones...
I'm not interested in hot rodding my diesel... I just want a cold efficent and bomb proof setup.

Old July 24th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250
Yo get what you pay for. I was looking at the Alisport uprated ali rad and intercooler package at the Landrover Enthusiast show, a thing of great beauty but . Then there was a sudden violent rain squall, branches came off trees, a tree came down in the show ground, the Trailmasters landrover and exhibition stand was squashed no-one was seriously hurt......... so I don't know the price of the rad package
Mike Hammond
Diesels.....great when they're going and so easy to work on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

radiator, tdi