TDI Injection Pump Swap - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 16th, 2015, 09:18 AM
200TDI in a RHD 1986 D90
TDI Injection Pump Swap

Looking to swap out my injection pump on my 200tdi in place on the motor.
Found this video
But am looking for some tips and tricks if any.

There are bubbles that are coming out from the front of the injection pump at the seam of the two halves of the casing right near the banjo bolt fuel supply. I have attached a photo for reference

Truck idles rough but smooths out upon giving it some gas, drove it for 10 miles no problem, then I nailed it in third gear brought the RPMs up really high let off the gas quickly and engine cut out. I tried to restart it with the key while rolling didn't do anything pulled over and tried to start it wouldn't start then I rolled back and bump started it and it started. I got right on the gas and it cut out. Bump started it again and let it idle and it cleared up and then got on it in third and and it cut out. Then I started it and waited for like two minutes and drove 2 miles with no problem being easy on the throttle. I assume if i got on it hard it would stall out.

I checked out the fuel system prior to that for leaks and there are none that are visible, I pressurized the line with an electric pump and there are no leaks. Fuel lift pump is new.

Thanks for the help, will swap the pump tonight and see if it solves the problem.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ERR4046_LARGEV4.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	118497  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions