TD5 harness without an ECU or Alarm and a 200tdi - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 28th, 2011, 04:42 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
TD5 harness without an ECU or Alarm and a 200tdi

I'm trying to get this working and have searched and posted before, but the problems continue.

I have the battery hooked up and I can't get the lights to turn off, they are on the 1/6 mode I believe.

I have bridged the wires in the dip/dim relay- blue/red wire to blue/red wire and I still have the problem.

The only way I get them to go out is to pull three 10amp fuses in the passenger compartment bulkhead fuse-box.

(It almost seems that the wires coming from the headlights have power coming from them.)

It also seems that when I turn the key and turn the lights on, only the left side head light beam comes on, The right side seems to stay a the 1/6 setting. In the rear, only one directional (indicator) works, staying yellow

Also the Left horn works as it should, but when I hooked up the right side it sounded as soon as the battery was re-attached.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated, this has snarled my progress!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
200tdi, ecu, td5, tdi