Tcase Noise in low with CDL locked - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 7th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Chris Baldewin
Bastard 90
Tcase Noise in low with CDL locked

So today was the first day out in the Ninety for me and I've got some questions. On more than one of the hill climbs while in low and the center diff locked I was getting some gnashing noise coming from the case. This was at the point roughly that I was getting wheel spin. Loud enough for me to hear but not enough for spotters to hear. Never heard the noise with the CDL unlocked and didn't hear it under normal load. Truck drove home in high without a hitch. So is this noise normal or am I on the throttle a little to much? FYI this is a 2.5n/a diesel.

Old July 9th, 2007, 09:41 AM
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
No idea.

You can not be on the throttle too much with a 2.5 NA. It is a binary throttle......

Maybe the diff lock is not fully engaging???

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions