T-Case Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 1st, 2006, 08:44 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

T-Case Question

Hi guys,

When I was wheeling this weekend all of a sudden I lost all power to my rear axle. There was no noise, and the drive shaft seemed to be "trying" to turn. Kinda just shaking. I pulled it out of locked low and went through all my other options. Nothing worked. Then I put it back in locked low and had power again. It worked without incident the rest of the weekend.

So the question is, anyone have this happen? Anybody know what is wrong? Thanks

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2006, 11:21 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Transfer case not fully engaged is only thing that comes to mind, like it slipped into neutral--I had that happen to me once, but I just assumed it was that and it never came back so I thought maybe user error. Since it never came back, I stopped checking--about 3 years now (I sure hoped I did not jinx myself!). Have you had it reoccur?
Old October 1st, 2006, 11:31 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

No, not yet. But front power only? I thought these cases were incapeable of that. It would be sweet if I could get it to do it on command!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 2nd, 2006, 12:50 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
No, not yet. But front power only? I thought these cases were incapeable of that. It would be sweet if I could get it to do it on command!
that would be a new "feature"... just think if your land rover was like your cell phone company they'd want to charge you for it, even though you already own it!
Old October 3rd, 2006, 09:05 AM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

For a front wheel dig, unlock the center diff and set the handbrake. Lock the front diffs.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 10:03 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffer
For a front wheel dig, unlock the center diff and set the handbrake. Lock the front diffs.
Never thought of that. Its good to know, thanks, but I don't know how helpful it would be without cutting breaks to help control the direction of the dig.

Any more ideas about the t-case before I tear into it?

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions