Symptoms of a dieing clutch.... - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 10th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Robert Davis
It's dying... it died ????????????

Originally Posted by petminded View Post
What are the symptoms of a dying clutch?
Whats the process on fixing the leak?
The fact that you are asking questions and trying - developing a DIY attitude is a good start. You need to buy yourself a workshop manual that explains the work you intend to undertake, examine the job before you take it on and plan your attack. Start with figuring out where oil could leak from, and keep an eye on those points and read up on how to repair the leak. Then find the parts and when you are ready, get out the tools.

Using terms like dying clutch does not describe the problem.
If you want specific help, be prepared to supply specific information in the form of exactly what is happening.

Years ago, a guy I was working with got a call from his wife who said she parked the car and it had died.
My friend replied "let me get the number of the closest undertaker!".
When his wife got upset, he replied with "you said the car died".
He finally got her to accurately describe what was happening.
The vehicle wouldn't start, but was parked at the YMCA within 15 feet of an auto supply.
My friend asked his wife to go into the auto supply and ask for help.
Turned out she had left the lights on and the weak battery had quickly discharged.
She was on her way in less than 30 minutes with a new battery.

I have always remembered my co-workers response to "the car died" with "call an undertaker". Well you said it died...

Hope this helps.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions