Switched 12v ignition and drive? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 23rd, 2004, 09:26 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Switched 12v ignition and drive?

Anyone have a recommended place for tying into the ignition for a constant 12v source? I can't seem to find anything suitable withou hacking something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 23rd, 2004, 09:33 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Not sure about the 97's but I got that right off of the ignition switch. My had those spade type connectors, so I just slid on a doubler and ran it to a relay that I mounted in the seat box. Other then that you could use the lighter mine is switched on and off with the ignition.
Old December 23rd, 2004, 09:39 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Let me check the ignition again. It was a little dark in the garage when I was looking for it. Didn't even think to use the double spade...

The relay is in the center console too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 23rd, 2004, 10:20 AM
javelinadave
-
-

You can grab a switch source from behind the rear wiper switch (It should be at least 15 amps). I'm not sure if that is to far from where you want the electricity?
Old December 23rd, 2004, 10:23 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Thanks Dave. It will be easier to get it from the ignition direct. I'm a little partied out and jsut didn't really think about it last night...

The rear wiper is good but getting to and from it is a pain with the '97 AC unit in the way (runnign wires to the center console). Easier just to go behind the instrument display....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
switch