SW rear headliner - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 15th, 2011, 12:19 AM
brettm
Brett
97 D90-SW, Arles +4.6

ok - i'll answer my own question here. yeah, it's true. the front headliner has to be in before the rear goes in in order to get it to overlap. what a kerfuffle. well they're both in now and aligned right...

my next challenge, oh mighty headliner gurus is the damn fir-trees. where there are correct sized holes to go in, they go in just fine. however, on the front headliner above the windscreen there are little black clips that appear to correct the hole-size.

for the life of my, i can't get the xmas trees into the black clips without them going 'ping' and coming off... any pointers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Sorry. I neglected to subscribe to the thread. No help on the fir trees as i have yet to put mine in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettm

how true is this statement? i just re- installed my rear headliner and am finding it's not easy to tuck the front under the rear part. however, i'm trying to do it solo...

i'm hoping if i find a helping hand, i can do it without removing the rear liner again, as i already put the side windows back in etc...
Old July 15th, 2011, 04:45 PM
brettm
Brett
97 D90-SW, Arles +4.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettm View Post
for the life of my, i can't get the xmas trees into the black clips without them going 'ping' and coming off... any pointers?
well... i managed to get the trees in. only to be fully perplex as to where the sun visors go... doh. i guess it all makes sense now. the little black clips i was struggling with getting plastic trees into actually receive the threaded screws for the sun visors.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions