SW load area seat belt brackets - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 14th, 2015, 09:56 AM
wilyliang
Peter
'95 D90 SW #441

Registry
SW load area seat belt brackets

Hey Fellas

I'm installing some Exmoor Lock-and-Folds in the back of my '95 NAS d90 SW and stumped at how and where to install these shoulder seat belt points. Not even sure if I have the right brackets.

RN sold me these: BRACKET LH UPPER SEATBEL SERIES & DEFEND, RNC113, ADU710110 - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

But I can't for the life of me figure out where they'd go without some potentially visible drilling through the exterior.

Someone else suggested these: Land Rover Defender rear load area FORWARD FACING seat belt BRACKET PAIR 90/110 | Urban Land Cruisers + Land Rovers

But the only actual installation I've seen of these required hacking at the trim.

Any suggestions? Wondering if there is truly an installation that doesn't require new holes and/or cutting apart the trim (other than maybe drilling through the trim for the seat belt mounting hole).

By the way, these seats are a little wiggly and tricky to open/fold. Anyone else experiencing this? Nice seats, but surprisingly wiggly for a $1000 product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 15th, 2015, 01:50 AM
Roverdoc
Dan Kemper
1997 D90 SW #278

Curious about this as well. I have the same upper mounts and will be mounting my lock and folds in 2 weeks. I'll keep you posted as well. Dan
Old October 15th, 2015, 03:02 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

The RN brackets are used on the front seats.

Looks like you need these brackets http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/store/de...et-detail.html

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 15th, 2015, 12:49 PM
doktorno
Chris deZ.
1995 Defender SW

Registry
I ordered the brackets in the link to Urban land Cruisers. They bolt into the back corner. Ran out of time last weekend but with all the trim removed you will see how they bolt in using existing fittings.
Old October 15th, 2015, 01:00 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Sorry you got sold the wrong parts, Peter.

You really need the left and right versions of this part. These are going on my station wagon. These are massive, heavy, steel components, and are designed to bolt into the corners of the van sides. You will need to disassemble the van sides, so these cannot be installed without removal.

They are extremely robust, designed to support crash forces.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151015_125331.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	132442  
Old October 15th, 2015, 01:04 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Peter,

The first one you mention go up top on the B pillar. I don't have pictures of my conversion when I did my 88" Series IIA.

But this is pretty much it...

http://www.nickslandrover.co.uk/wp-c...sdef%20005.jpg

Also, see this post...

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ats-26072.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 15th, 2015, 03:42 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
One other thing to note is that these are designed to work with the puma trucks, meaning that they are really designed for puma interior trim. You will have to modify the interior trim of the nas to make this work, although from inspection really this involves nothing more than drilling two holes.

On the puma, the interior trim has a bump out to hide the inertia under the interior trim. On the standard trim, you will most likely need to mount the inertia reel outside of the interior trim.
Old November 1st, 2015, 08:16 PM
Roverdoc
Dan Kemper
1997 D90 SW #278

Peter, installed my lock and folds and I too was sent the first set of brackets. The other ones mentioned will work better. Calling Zack/RN in the am to source the PUMA brackets. The first ones will work but do require drilling the tub to the outside.

Part numbers
EWY500040 right hand side
EWY500050 left hand side
Old November 1st, 2015, 09:19 PM
doktorno
Chris deZ.
1995 Defender SW

Registry
If anyone runs across the part numbers for the Puma trim pieces, please post 'em. Would like to order those pieces.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 11:23 AM
Roverdoc
Dan Kemper
1997 D90 SW #278

The part numbers are in the post above yours. I just ordered some and will update this post. Rear flip ups installed without a hitch. It will be nice to have inertia belts on the kiddos
Old November 2nd, 2015, 11:36 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverdoc View Post
The part numbers are in the post above yours. I just ordered some and will update this post. Rear flip ups installed without a hitch. It will be nice to have inertia belts on the kiddos
I think doktorno is talking about the interior trim pieces, not the bracket itself.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 10:36 AM
doktorno
Chris deZ.
1995 Defender SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
I think doktorno is talking about the interior trim pieces, not the bracket itself.
Yes Sir.
Old November 21st, 2015, 07:27 PM
wilyliang
Peter
'95 D90 SW #441

Registry
Thanks all, this was really helpful. Those ones in the Sonoronos pic were the correct ones... but still required a bit of cutting of the interior trim. Not pretty. Did anyone else encounter this?

I have to say the lock-and-folds are a beotch to install (including hacking apart my carpeting and load mat) and sort of finicky to use... but the transformation of usability of the rear load space is really nice. Plus the kids got upgraded to booster seats and are walking with new swagger.
Old November 21st, 2015, 07:38 PM
Roverdoc
Dan Kemper
1997 D90 SW #278

i mounted the reals for the seatbelt on my exocage below the secondary mount on the PUMA plates so looks like i will only have to cut 1 hole for the top mount in the stock side trim. Way more useable than before. I swapped from stock carpet to badger fender carpet and factory floor rubber. The height of the floor rubber helped to take away all extra movement when the seats are clamped down to the floor.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, bracket, rack