SW interior panel questions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 22nd, 2007, 01:54 PM
Doug Crowther
Doug Crowther
94SW,4.6HSE,93LWB,83 110
SW interior panel questions

Installing interior panels in a station wagon top. I have the panels but not all of the hardware or trim parts. Does anyone have pictures or actual pages from the parts books that they can share so that I can see what I am missing. The primary area of confusion is around the windsheild frame. It appears that the head liner is held up by bolts/washers that screw into the windsheild frame. Is there another part that would cover these unsightly bolts ? Also is the piece that comes up the outside edges of the widsheild frame just inside the doors the same as on a soft top ?

Old January 22nd, 2007, 02:20 PM
95 Range Rover Classic
the small plastic pieces that go around the frame are held in by 2 blk scews on each side. there is a hole in the metal framing that the it screws into.

the fold down sun shades need to be removed prior to installation. that is what hold up the front part of the head liner. i can't recall anything about the dome light but that may need to be somewhat taken apart and reinstalled. anyway, there are also 4 plastic push-in inserts 2 for each side that hold the head liner on bothe sides above the door tops. all the holes are there and should line up for you.

i don't have pictures but i have taken it all apart and reinstalled it so if you need anymore help i may be able to help. good luck. make sure to wash your hands first that material is a bitch to clean. thanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions