Suspension / Spring Isolators - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 26th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Eric Brown
1997 Arles SW
Suspension / Spring Isolators

I need some advice on suspension. Just got done with putting new springs and shocks on my 97 D-90. It had the original springs and shocks that were totally shot. I put on heavy duty Land Rover springs front and back with Bilstein shocks. I figured this would be a good time to add the spring isolators. In the rear I added a rear spring isolator on the top and bottom of the spring. In the front I added the front isolator on top and a rear isolator on the bottom. Everything looks good and the truck rides well. But I noticed the front of the truck looks slightly higher than the back. Now my old springs were compressed way down in the front, when I put on the new HD springs and then got everything back together it didn't compress down very much. Because my original set up was so messed up I'm not sure whats normal. I did notice I have about a 1.5-2 inch lift now from what it was.

Old September 27th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90
In the factory setup, the nose should be slightly lower. But it doesn't mean that you have to do it like. Anyway before you change anything, drive the truck for a few miles and off road so everything get in place and get tested.
" Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se. "
- Charles Eames

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions