Suspension - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 12th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
Post Equipe...

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisvonc
I am really liking the one bumper of theirs but the Euro prices are insane. Be interested to see how they get priced when they get here.

BE PREPARED!!!!!

1st time you'll come here to see me I'll bring you there,45 mins from me...

Cheers
+109" IIA ex-military

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sketches and doodles:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[O]===[O]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Angocat
Anders Larsen
1989 110" V8 SW

Davis

Regarding SG...it is only the stuff I have purchased from them I like.

But there service level

When I ordered my stuff from SG...I did not knew about this super nice Forum, RoverTracks and RockWare.
Old February 12th, 2004, 05:09 PM
tims90
Tim Bentley
2000, D90 Td5 ex-CSW

I run a load of Scorpion stuff and will soon be changing from the Evolution suspension kit to the Extreme.

Quality is good.

Finish is fine for me but maybe not others

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 13th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
This is a very interesting thread. Specially for me since over the past few months, we (a couple of friends and myself) have been involved with scorpion racing. It started out as ordering stuff from the UK for us then selling to a few close friends and finally decided to put together an LLC and officially start selling off-road things. After speaking several times with Sam from Scorpion Racing UK, we were able to get a 'distributorship' account from him for the east coast US. Ron Klein (www.roverlandproducts.com) is another distributor and so is Steve Cooper (www.landroverstuff.com) who is on the left coast. Scorpion wants our SR line to be priced the same as Ron's and Steve's so there's no competition. I think it will all come down in shipping and personal preference. We would obviously direct someone from Chicago to Ron, and someone from CA to Steve, etc.

Scorpion Racing stuff, from the few months we have seen their products, is not that much different from any of the limited custom-made products for our Rovers. For example, a lot of people swear by SG quality and have had positive experiences with them, but on the flipside, there are also lots of people that would say the quality is 'just okay' and it's not worth the hassles to deal with SG customer service. A D90 owner friend in Long Island, NY has a bunch of SG products on his 95 D90 and after using his winch a few times, we found out that his SG front bumper now has a bent section on the lower portion from the winching. I guess in the 'custom' aftermarket world, you're sometimes bound to get that "made-on-a-Friday" quality.

One of my partners has the Scorpion Racing Evolution kit on his Disco I and it has greatly improved over the stock suspension (articulation-wise obviously, and according to him, on road feel). My D1 has a combination of OME HDs all around with 1" EE spacers in the rear and Scorpion Racing custom rear upper shock mount and it has worked for me. Which is the best? We have not made that comparison yet, but IMHO, given those two setups, the results should be fairly close, both being a great improvement over stock.

As far as the equipe stuff, we were also talking with them and they told us that they currently don't have plans in supplying any US vendors since they have plans of opening a shop in the New England area. They also dismissed the rumors that they are supplying Scorpion Racing any of their products. Scorpion Racing also said they did not have any idea about Rovers North 'branding' their products.

Anyway, we are still at the very early stages of our little venture but once we get our inventory and website together, I will talk to CVC about offering D90.com discounts and/or Specials.

Just my .02 cents. Thanks for listening, I'm getting off my soap box now...

Old February 16th, 2004, 03:21 PM
benh
Benjamin Hillegeist
97' d-90 ST

Thanks for all the info guys! I went yet again w/ OME and had a little trimming done.... She is now one mean d-90 on 35" boggers. Damn these tires are loud, but wow what a diff. in the dirt!
Old February 16th, 2004, 03:54 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
pictures?!
Old February 16th, 2004, 04:15 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
They also dismissed the rumors that they are supplying Scorpion Racing any of their products. Scorpion Racing also said they did not have any idea about Rovers North 'branding' their products.
Well then they both buy from someone else then and maybe we should find out who that is while we are at it. Most of the stuff on each of their sites are identical pictures of the items. If one was outright ripping the other off, someone would have been sued by now or someone is misrepresenting what they are selling.

Either way, Glen thanks for the update on your LLC. Shoot me an email reminder with the link, details and such and I will add you guys to the Links database. When you guys are ready, I would be glad to have you do a special or something.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old February 17th, 2004, 10:18 AM
tims90
Tim Bentley
2000, D90 Td5 ex-CSW

The Scorpion stuff was "inspired" by Equipe.

Scorpion have the stuff made for them

Tim
Old February 17th, 2004, 10:23 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I saw the scorpion before i did the Equipe stuff. FWIW
Old February 17th, 2004, 12:57 PM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

One thing Glenn forgot to mention was that RN is selling the Evolution Kit for 200 bucks more than Roverland or us. I don't mind that they sell the kit but if they are going to sell it as "their" kit they should at least change the part #.

Chris, good point on the pics on SR website and Equipe, although they look alike the actual products are different. I don't know why SR hasn't updated their pics but we will have pics of our items soon.

John C.
Old February 17th, 2004, 02:04 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Cool John. I look forward to hearing more from you guys when you are ready.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions