Surrey Top - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:24 PM
dnp
David
1995 Defender 90

Surrey Top

I talked with Badger a couple of weeks ago, and though they certainly sound like they've got the best tops available, I really would like to spend about half what they get for a Surrey Top. That being said, AB is the only place I've been able to find that sells them, and they're priced at about $430. Not too long ago I ran across a place that sells them in the $350 range, but I can't seem to find it again......Anyone have a recommendation on the best place to find a "basic" Surrey Top for a '95 D90 or anyone have a good used one they'd like to sell?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2007, 05:07 PM
JakeW
Walt
2015 range rover evoque

David,
When i needed a new top for my '95 I looked at the options and ended up going with a local upholstery shop. They made a full custom top for my truck using the old one as a pattern and charged me half what anyone else wanted. Worked great and kept business local. You can probably get a shop to cut you a surrey top for a couple hundred bucks and have it made to your specifications.
-Jake
Old April 23rd, 2007, 06:16 PM
dnp
David
1995 Defender 90

Great idea....never considered that option.....Thanks. I'll check into that. In the meantime, if anyone has other suggestions on already made / used tops, please let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2007, 07:44 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

Check with Mike @ West Chester Land Rover. They are listed in the Vendors section.
Old April 8th, 2008, 06:53 AM
AJKing
King, Adam
1994 D90

Does anyone know how West Chester Land Rover's tops compare with those made by badger?
Old April 8th, 2008, 07:28 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
West Chester is a dealer - they sell stock parts. But if you need to get a part from a dealer, Mike is the man to deal with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old April 8th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Like JakeW, I used a local shop and they whipped one up for me for about $150. I am sure it is nowhere near Badger quality, but it's 10 years old and still going strong...
Old April 8th, 2008, 10:16 AM
badgerman
Christopher Laws
1964 Land Badger
D-90 Source Vendor

I am putting together some surrey tops and bikini tops in the sailcloth vinyl to offer as an alternative to out Twillfast topping products. Once I have made them I can figure out a price and add them to our catalog. Anyone who is interested should give me a call.

Chris
Badger Coachworks
Old April 8th, 2008, 12:17 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerman
I am putting together some surrey tops and bikini tops in the sailcloth vinyl to offer as an alternative to out Twillfast topping products. Once I have made them I can figure out a price and add them to our catalog. Anyone who is interested should give me a call.

Chris
Badger Coachworks
Chris, could you explain what the pros and cons are between the Sailcloth and the Twillfast?
Old April 8th, 2008, 12:28 PM
badgerman
Christopher Laws
1964 Land Badger
D-90 Source Vendor

The sailcloth is the material used on the Bestop top. It would be an option for those who can't spend the cash for the top of the line twillfast products. I'll keep you up to speed on what we can offer it for as we move along.
Old April 8th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

bought a surrey top from Atlantic British and promptly returned it and bought a Badger.

The AB top reminded me of a cheap tent we used to camp with as kids and NO comparison to the quality and craftmanship of the Badger. If you want a quick fix for the summer get a AB, if you want a quality top to last and look good for years, suck it up and buy the Badger

my 2 cents
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:02 AM
JJB622
Jimmy Baker
1997 BRG D90

I ended up opting for the Badger Bikini top; this way, I get the top-flight quality for the mediocre surrey top price. I figure I'll just forget about the surrey and get the badger II down the road.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
surrey top