Surging AND now it won't start again... in dire need of help - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 24th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Coug D90
Tristan Felchlin
1995/D90

Surging AND now it won't start again... in dire need of help

SO went out to start it up this morning and spin spin no spark it appears again...? Previously it had been the rotor that got it going again the other day (i replaced it with a borg warner unit) I am thinking it is possibly the ignition amplifier perhaps?

Also i replaced the cracked (totally thru) headers with some headman units prior to which I was getting code 44 i.e. left bank 02 sensor. After replacing the headers the code didn't pop back up but it was surging and idling really rough. Which got worse with time driven. When I got home I unplugged the battery to reset the ECU and upon reconnecting it.. no start...

SO I have ordered new 02 sensors, ignition amplifier, and a genuine lucas rotor plus a new a fuel pump relay just for grins. It has a new plugs, new cap, fixed the header leak and the new hose from MAF to throttle body.

Suggestions/ Input greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
start