Superwinch Epi9.0 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 21st, 2005, 04:25 PM
gtg067i
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon

Superwinch Epi9.0

I searched for some suggestions regarding the Superwinch EP series and there wasn't much in the way of information so thought I would reopen the idea. I am considering fitting one because it sounds like a good winch to use with synthetic lines and is very fairly priced as well. My suspicion is like all good things there is some drawback here, so is there one, many, etc? Also, if this is not a good winch to go with what is the alternative that is suggested? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2005, 05:58 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Doesn't look like a bad winch, but I bet the drum gets hot when winching a lot, I would get a rope that can handle the heat to be safe. How often do you think you will be winching? What will you be winching? What kind of wheeling do you do?
Old February 21st, 2005, 06:28 PM
gtg067i
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon

The vehicle I am looking at now has a rockware setup without a winch at all. This is going to me daily, and for the time I plan on keeping the vehicle only on trails every other weekend or so, nothing too terribly serious for the time being. The 90 I want has an ome setup with 33s so nothing too extreme and I wouldn't want to wheel outside the limits of this setup. Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2005, 07:07 PM
Dredd
Harlan Boone

I'd go with a warn. They are common so they are not too expensive and work well even if used alot.The OME with 33's is a great set up, although I don't like to OME shocks too much. All you need is too add a drop kit and LT shocks and you'll be set.

HB
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:07 PM
Troys
Troy Smith
1995 D90 SW

Christian

I run a S9000 Superwinch with Masterpull Super Line. It's worked out very well. I have friends with X9 Superwinches and synthetic line and they have had no problems as well. I have been very pleased with all my Superwich products.

Troy
Old September 15th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Geobloke
Guy
1992 90 200TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg067i
I searched for some suggestions regarding the Superwinch EP series and there wasn't much in the way of information so thought I would reopen the idea. I am considering fitting one because it sounds like a good winch to use with synthetic lines and is very fairly priced as well. My suspicion is like all good things there is some drawback here, so is there one, many, etc? Also, if this is not a good winch to go with what is the alternative that is suggested? Thanks!
So did ya get the EP then? hows it working for ya?
Old September 15th, 2005, 09:33 AM
gtg067i
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon

I bought a slightly used S9000 from Superwinch and it has been great the two times I have used it....mind you it was to pull a wrecked car out of trees off the highway and once to move my friends broken down suburban. I have heard the ep line of winches are a great winch for the price, wish I really had a Husky 10 though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
winch