Supercharger injector 97 D-90 ? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 1st, 2009, 01:32 AM
jorge
JORGE ESPINOZA
97 ST WHITE MODS SUPERCHARGED

Registry
Supercharger injector 97 D-90 ?

Can anyone identify this injector on Magnusson/Eaton supercharger ? The injector needs to be replaced . After numerous tries at cleaning , the injector keeps making a loud buzzing sound . The injector has a brass nut built in which attaches the injector securely to the intake plenum . Hope someone with a similar setup has this info ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	injector unknown.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	17575  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2009, 11:26 AM
Paul Davis
Paul Davis
97 ST

That looks completely different than what I have. Is that on the 97? The makers of Magnuson told me last fall the parts for these are getting harder to find. The had to machine some stuff on my rebuild last fall.

This is their info if it helps.

Magnuson Products, Inc.
1990 Knoll Drive
Ventura, CA 93003
(805) 642-8833- Phone
Old February 1st, 2009, 02:51 PM
jorge
JORGE ESPINOZA
97 ST WHITE MODS SUPERCHARGED

Registry
Already called and they had no clue to my injector replacement . I tried to show the pic to my local auto parts store but all they did was asked was what kind of vehicle is this for .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2009, 12:16 AM
Paul Davis
Paul Davis
97 ST

When I had to replace the generator on my series truck the man asked me if it was off an old Ford tractor. That made me laugh. I don't have access to a digital camera but, if it will help, I can take one of my supercharger with my phone and send it to you. Just PM me your number or something.

Paul
Old February 2nd, 2009, 08:35 AM
turbodave
Dave C
1983 110

That injector does not look anything special. I suspect that if you undo the nut, you'll find it is a compression ring holding the injector in place. I've seen many, many injectors - and never have I seen any that look like that.

The best starting point, is to pull the injector, note down the numbers on the injector (on the top yellow housing), and google them for a different (OE) aplication. End of the day - I doubt Magnusson would have had an injector made, they'll have sourced one of a suitable flow rate from an OE motor, and modified the end to suit their needs - ie quick and easy. I suspect the solution they used is not the pinnacle of tech, but a pretty basic (read easy to replicate) approach.

If you can't replace the injector mounting compression ring, you can easilly find superior injector mounting clamps, rather than that nasty looking compression fitting - You'd just need to get it TIG welded in place, but it'll allow you to easilly remove and re-fit the injector in the future.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, 97, d-90