Sudden decrease / loss of power, bucking, stalling, etc - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 18th, 2014, 11:48 AM
1994 NAS Defender 90
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Tank has been full to half full during this.

I'll replace the filter in the morning with one from Napa (they said they stock one for a 90, but we'll see what it looks like when I get there).

Vehicle will - at times - run for an hour or more with no issues at all. I was wondering myself if a fuel pump on its way out would exhibit symptoms like this. Bill Larson said his did...which leads me to believe it could be the culprit.

But I'll check the other items - ignition module, vacuum leak, etc.

Alt is relatively new and has not been exhibiting any behaviors I'd link to it being bad.
What ultimately fixed the issue? I am experiencing the exact same issue in my 1994 NAS Def 90 V8.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions