Subwoofer Amplifier chassis ground - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 6th, 2011, 12:17 PM
rockstardave
Dave Dulansey
1995 D-90

Subwoofer Amplifier chassis ground

Question for those of you who have hooked up a powered subwoofer - where did you hook up the ground wire for the amp? I was able to fish all the wiring underneath the floormat on the side. I have the one piece mat that covers the entire bed and wheel wells.

Previous owner drilled a hole on the seat box cover (yes, I know) so I might as well use that to run the power cable.

As you'd imagine, I'd rather not drill any holes or remove any bolts that will cause a lot of cussin' and what not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2011, 07:53 PM
rockstardave
Dave Dulansey
1995 D-90

OK I answered my own question - I hooked it up to the seatbelt mount on the wheel well. Tucked it under the rubber mat and it works great. Now my truck has bass!!!
Old December 9th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

for my amps, I grounded them to the rollcage bolts near the inertia belt. Then from there it goes to the chassis just in case. I made sure to ground rollcage and chassis together, since the rollcage bolts are in close proximity to the amps.

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Rosproline157
Matt Oaks
1992 Defender 90

Registry
Buy an $2 volt meter from advanced auto. That will fix a lot of your questions.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions