Stupid question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 15th, 2005, 06:14 PM
rustydefender
Russell Newton
97 D-90 sw

Stupid question

Hi guys, the previous owner of my d-90 could not find his owner's manual so I need some help.
I cannot figure out what a switch to the left of the steering wheel is for. It has an Icon on it that looks like a clock or stopwatch. It is not on the steering column. Oh yeah it is a 97 sw if that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 15th, 2005, 06:17 PM
jonjon
jon k
1995 defender 90 green

It dims the interior lights on the dash and clock
Old January 15th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Seanh
Sean Hanagan
94 D90 ST #910 Matilda

You know, for all those times you are driving at night and the dash lights are soooo bright that your eyes need a break .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 15th, 2005, 10:22 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

When I bought my truck the guy that owned it said, "here's the thing to dim the lights, the only damn non-practical thing in this truck"
Old January 15th, 2005, 10:59 PM
jabber
m j

Isn't that mainly for military convoy use? I damn near need my headlamp to see anything in the 90 at night. But my speedo is broke so I don't really need the light any more...

Do most people take that switch out?
Old January 15th, 2005, 11:25 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

I find no problem with mine. In fact I have it on the low setting just so the bulbs last longer. On high the gauges are too bright for me. Just make sure all your bulbs are tightly installed.

Now, that's on the D90. On the D110 there is no such switch and the lights are too dim. Go figure.
Old January 16th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Trevor Tarr
Trevor Tarr
1997 D-90 4.6 NAS ST

The dash dimmer switch is set up to be illuminated itself, so you can find it. (Not that I'm ever inclined to use it....) But on my '97 D-90, the switch's bulb wasn't connected to anything. Not sure if that was a fluke, or how all the '97's were set up. I ran a wire from the dash illumination circuit down to the switch, and now it lights up like the rest of the dash.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions