stupid is as stupid does... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 11th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Kevin C. Doyle
1995 NAS D90 Coniston Green SW
stupid is as stupid does...

Well, time for confession....

A while back I removed a defunct alarm from my new to me 95 SW which required removing most of dash, binnacle, etc. Well, since it's not my daily driver it sat in garage for a few days until I could get back to it...well, my remembory not being what it used to be I relied on said faulty remembory to put binnacle/warning panel back together. Move forward to cold weather, it drove me nuts that my defroster light would not illuminate when defroster was on and working so I resolved to figure it out..

Anyhoo, a few days ago someone posted the part number for the warning lights. I figured that it must be the bulb that was out so I ran and grabbed some bulbs, pulled warning panel and realized I had re-hooked the wires to the 24volt warning light and NOT the defroster light.

Light works like a charm now

Lesson being, it can really be the small oversights that drive us nuts.

Thanks Board. 90 is well on it's way back to close to original as I can get it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions