stumbling under load when hot..? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 5th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye
stumbling under load when hot..?

Guys, my truck's been running great for the past two months. I've began to notice in the past week, and it was really bad today (70 degrees outside), that about 5 minutes or so after my engine gets up to temp, it gets very rough off idle up to about 2k rpm and will stall unless I slip the clutch to let get up to speed. Stumbles under load under 2krpm. Revving/power at over 2000 rpm is fine.. I'm assuming its something gettign hot and then mal functioning. Ignition amp? Fuel press regulator?

Anyone seen this before?
Any ideas??

It may be time to install the Toddco ignition amp/coil kit!?

"Yeah, make sure its a flatbed...."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions