Stuck in Park - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 4th, 2008, 10:27 AM
tkihm
Todd Kihm
97 D-90

Stuck in Park

I am new to the forum. I purchased my 97 D-90 11 months ago. I found it on the sales forum here. I have had no major issues up till now. Currently the truck will not start and will not get out of Park. The battery is fine, I tried to jump it and that did nothing. My electrical system is sensitive to water- makes it run rough for a bit after going through a deep puddle. I am wondering if there is something that could affect both the ability to start the engine and get out of park at the same time, or do I have really bad luck and am having two unrelated problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 4th, 2008, 10:32 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

There is a few threads covering a few possible problems it could be. Scroll down this page to the Similar Topic Threads and click on the one for "D-90 stuck in Park, Won't start. HELP!!!". There is a few more that show up at the bottom of that thread.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old March 4th, 2008, 11:11 AM
tkihm
Todd Kihm
97 D-90

Chris

I found the other posting. Thanks for your help.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 4th, 2008, 11:16 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Cool... be sure to let us know what your problem turns out to be if some of those fix it for you. If they dont, I'm sure we have enough people here who can help figure it out with you.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old March 5th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Hammertime
Dana Hammersley
1997 Arles Blue #162

If you still have the problem I had that same problem. there is a little clip in the shift knob that slips out of place. Take a small tool or pick pry the embossed center out of the shifter knob and look for the little square clip. Works like a E clip but is square. Hope this helps.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions