stuck in knoxville, TN - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 2nd, 2008, 11:57 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander
Pendy,
It KILLS me that I"m spending $1200 to repair 1 wheel with 10 spline crap, (I could have gotten an ARB and 24 spline conversion parts for not much more) but this is my 1 shot to get this required schooling out of the way so I can make Major before going back to the sandbox.
When is this frigin' war going to end? It's really interfering with my Land Rover experience.
You're tellin' me, I've had to drop more than 10k on rover work since I've been overseas - can't really talk the pregnant wife through changing a trans and t-case etc. It kills me to pay for this stuff. Its like paying someone to eat ice cream for you.

You getting the CCC? At least you reserve guys get a 2 week version. The 4 month active duty version is murder.

I kind of liked being a CPT more than MAJ - it sucks having gold brass and being a Field-Grade 2LT. The pay is better though, so I guess I'll shut up, even though Robison Service is getting all my raise right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2008, 08:31 AM
Antichrist
Tom Rowe
Defender/Disco/Series/MoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander
When is this frigin' war going to end? It's really interfering with my Land Rover experience.
See if you can get some duty with the SAS, at least then you'll be around Land Rovers

Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
in places even more inaccessible.

62 88 Regular
67 109 6cyl NADA x2
74 Lightweight - The Antichrist
95 DI 5-speed
95 D90 5-speed
97 D1 Automatic
Old February 3rd, 2008, 06:19 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Jim, yep I'm at MC3. I have some other guard budies in the 4 month version though. Some like it, some don't. I guess it depends on civilian pay and family.

Tom,
The first Defender I ever touched was a 110 TDI on my FOB in Iraq. We had an SF group with us that we did operations with, and they had that, and a minivan. They were the only ones allowed to leave the FOB in an unarmored vehicle. I was the only rover guy on the FOB, and they didn't know anything about them or where to get parts, so I left them my AB catalog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 4th, 2008, 07:40 PM
needsaD110
Ben
97 D90 #1345

rovertracks 24spline conversion next!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions