STUBBORN xfer case fill plug - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 11th, 2014, 07:13 PM
doscazadores
Vic Stull
none

STUBBORN xfer case fill plug

'94 D90
Fill plug on the xfer case won't budge, though I was afraid to apply much torque until I posted here. There are a 2-3 green flecks near the hole so maybe someone applied Loc-Tite to the threads when it was last serviced? This obviously needs to be remedied as I'm thinking it should be refilled before driving it any distance. Not to mention next Friday's 500+ mi. round trip into the Mojave for opening day quail/chukar. :-)
Anyway, I'm open to guidance. Thanks
Vic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I don't think you can do any damage to the case itself. Sounds like someone added loctite or over tightened it.

Just remember rightie tightie leftie loosie and add a breaker bar. Go slow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old October 11th, 2014, 07:40 PM
doscazadores
Vic Stull
none

Thanks. Got it by applying a propane torch flame to it for about 15-20 seconds and then it broke free relatively easy. And there was Loctite on the threads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2014, 07:43 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Loctite should be red or blue. I wonder if it's some attempt to seal up a leaky plug.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions