stub axle oil seal - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 26th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Chuck Morrow
97/Defender 90 # 378
stub axle oil seal

I got around to replacing my rear brakes (97 NAS) and rotors. With disassembly i found about a cup of what i assume is differential oil. I researched it and found some differing opinions on the need for replacing the stub axle oil seal. Anyone have experience good or bad with leaving it alone.

Old January 26th, 2015, 02:09 PM
1995 SW #487/500
You dont need it, the paper gasket on the axle is all you need. If you to make axle removal a bitch you can use RTV around the drive flange
Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions