Stripped spark plug threads in the heads - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 8th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Hans Haase
The Lab Rat
Stripped spark plug threads in the heads

Man, it's great having extra available cars in the household. All these "I'll get to it later" projects, I can finally find time to work on them.

Carried over from the previous owner, I have a couple spark plug holes that aren't doing so well. They still hold plugs, but I'm worried that if I pull the plugs again that the holes won't hold them again next time I re-assemble.

Anybody done any spark plug repairs on an aluminum head? I'm looking at kits from companies like Full-Torque or Timesert, using aluminum inserts. I've already had the heads off twice on this truck, would rather not have to do that again until it's time for a full rebuild.

My oil line fix

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions