stripped lens screws? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 10th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

stripped lens screws?

I did a search on this and found nothing so here it goes...washing my 97 D-90 over the weekend I noticed that a couple of the lenses (rear left brake light and front left indicator) were loose. I grabbed a phillips head and tried to tighten screws but found they wouldn't tighten and just kept spinning round and round . Before I try and remove the lens to check it out inside wanted to check here first. I imagine these screws attach to something inside....maybe that part is stripped?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2007, 03:27 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

If you don't want to change the plinths (the black things) get a heat source like a soldering iron and melt some plastic back into the holes. Then put the screws in. They don't need to be very tight (otherwise it strips the plinths)

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old July 10th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

Thanks Mike sounds like the pliths are fragile so my guess is mine are stripped. Good idea about filling the holes some...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2007, 05:20 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

...or alternatively, call George @ RDS...... $8.00. # AMR3850.
Old July 10th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

Thanks Garth I did see the part on RN and AB websites seems like an easy fix, but with my luck the old Plinths will be fused on and might be a bigger problem than it currently is.

Will have to check and if they will come off easy I will order replacements fortunately I only need two.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
trip