strange noises from dash - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 14th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Ravenna Wilson
94 D90
strange noises from dash

Hi everyone this is my first post. I've been lurking on the boards for a few months since i got my first Defender. Now i have my first problem sooo....first post.

There's a strange noise that sounds like radio static or popping speakers when i'm accelerating and it's mostly noticeable when i turn left. It comes from the middle of the dash and i've turned off all my radios so it's not that.

any diagnoses?

A man with a defender needs a lady offender
Old January 14th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
Any chance you've got some leaves or debris down in your dash? How's the corrosion on your truck?

Old January 14th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Hans Haase
The Lab Rat
I'm with Jim. I'd start by just taking the cover off the fuse box, and see if anything falls out. It has a spare fuse holder behind there, so possibly one of the spares is rattling around. I've also found that loose change in the tray can work its way under the plastic cover that goes over the backside of the clock.

My oil line fix

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old January 14th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158
Ravenna, that is your new top of the line Defender sound system!

Wecome to the Source!
"I race cars, play tennis, and fondle women, BUT! I have weekends off, and I am my own boss." - Arthur

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

« Brush Guard | Keys »