Strange LR2 Question for you guys... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 22nd, 2010, 04:16 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Strange LR2 Question for you guys...

I have a customer who is inquiring if there is a procedure to disable the seat belt reminder in the LR2. Apparently this is an option on Ford Vehicles, and the instructions for doing it are in the owner's manual.

There is nothing in the LR2 manual that talks about disabling it; however, there are people selling instructions online, so I thought perhaps someone on the board might have an idea of how to do it without paying for instructions online.

Anybody know, or have a suggestion? I tried the method described in the owner's manual to my F150, but it appears the procedure is not the same.

Thanks in advance guys!
Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2010, 04:16 AM
diesel_jim
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen

unplug the pressure pad in the seat base? I did this in my shogun, although not sure if it will affect airbag deployment.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Yeah, or I imagine you could just disconnect the chime itself, so that the airbag still deployed correctly; however, I was looking for more of a "Software" solution rather than "Hardware" if you will.

I can't very well tell a customer to disassemble his new vehicle and disconnect electrical connections. haha

I appreciate the response though Jim!
Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2010, 01:11 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
For my Audi it was computer based. The tuner did it when he was connected to the car, also enabled that all window down with the unlock feature. I believe it was just a code change for that model. Did that irritating one for the passenger seat too. Doesn't really help you though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions