Stock 97 auto console mounting location pics? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 12th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

Stock 97 auto console mounting location pics?

Can anyone post me some pics of where your auto console is screwed/fastened?

I am going install my console from ashcrofts, but just wondering where the stock consoles are actually fastened. I'm sure I can make it up, but it would be nice to see the real mounting spots.

Thanks,
Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 12th, 2011, 11:35 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
Does this help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	97 Console Mounting.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	580.8 KB
ID:	39596  
Old June 13th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

Thanks for the pics Ian. So there is only 5 screws huh? 2 on the fuse box area and 3 on the floor. I though it would be more, but that's awesome.
Thanks,
Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 13th, 2011, 07:28 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
No problem.

The three at the rear are rivnuts and machine screws into the tub floor. The 2 at the front are trim clips through the side of the console into the clips on the side of the fusebox. They are on mine anyway. If I remember right from the 1 Ashcroft console I have played around with, the rear mounts in a similar fashion so you will need to put in bolts or screws but the front has bolts rather than trim clips. I am sure you could rig it up any way you want though.

If you are using the Ashcroft Shifter bracket with a US sourced shifter assembly, you will need to drill a 2" hole on the passenger side for the lock out solenoid that is fitted to US Trucks. See attached crappy cell phone pics of the one we fitted to a friends 110.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bracket%20mod%202.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	39623   Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket%20mod.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	39624  

Name:	center%20console.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	39625   Click image for larger version

Name:	shift%202.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	39626  

Old June 13th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

Ian,

I do have the bracket from ashcrofts. So yes, good call on the hole saw. How did you determine the location of the bracket? Did you mock install it and hold the bracket in place to get it in the right spot?

Are those the relays for the start inhibitor and the lock out you have mounted to it?

Thanks for the handy pics, it will be helpful!

Pete
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:25 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
Yes, we mocked it up first, marked and measured then cut holes and mounted it. We made a new plate for the middle plate in the seat box to mount everything to. We also used measurements from my 97. That pic in my earlier post is part of one of the ones we took of my truck with a tape measure to help locate the shifter assembly.

Those relays are part of the 14CUX harness that we mounted there under the console. Its an 83 ROW 110 that we transplanted a 95 NAS Disco 3.9 engine and auto trans into. The starter relay we used is the 110 one thats in the fuse box on the bulkhead and the lockout is part of the wiring associated with that.

PM me your email and I'll email you the full set of pics from my truck with the tape measure so you can get an idea. They're about 3mb each though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
97, console, mount