Still can't get my Defender started and getting desperate - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 29th, 2005, 11:56 PM
tmore
Tom More
1995 D90

Still can't get my Defender started and getting desperate

Update to some previous posts... My defender was ran graet for a week long trip to Moab then I returned and it died and I still have not been able to get it started.. here is what i have cheched/replaced.. New cap, rotor, wires.. Fuel delivery looks good, no odvious problem with air intake.. I can crank the engine and it won't fire up, occassionally it will give a quick sputter and that is it.. No codes showing up from the ecm.. The one thing that puzzles me still is that I gat a repeated sparking from the coil wire when I switch the ignition into the accs position ( not yet cranking) I got a couple of replies saying that this is normal.. I thought that the coil discharge was triggered by the pickup in the rottion of the distributor??? i am still thinking that this may be the problem??? I also did a search and read up on other people ignition problems, it seem like there is two differant wiring posibilities for the coil?? mine looks like white from ign switch to the pos coil terminal and blk/wht from ign module to the pos coil terminal, wht from ign module to neg coil terminal, wht with black sleeve ( fuel injector trigger? ) to neg coil terminal, blk to ballast??? on neg coil terminal.. Does thsi sound correct??

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.. I am out of ideas and really don't want to have it towed to a shop.. Thanks Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
start