Steering Wheel Removal Tool? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 6th, 2009, 12:25 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Steering Wheel Removal Tool?

Does anyone know a cheap source or have a spec to make one - I know it's just 3 bolts and a block of steel ... pictures and or diagram gratefully received!

My indicator and wiper stalks arrive soon and I don't want to risk smashing my face getting the wheel off.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 6th, 2009, 12:35 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce
Does anyone know a cheap source or have a spec to make one - I know it's just 3 bolts and a block of steel ... pictures and or diagram gratefully received!

My indicator and wiper stalks arrive soon and I don't want to risk smashing my face getting the wheel off.

thanks!
Just loosen the nut but don't take it all the way off and you won't smash your face. I have pulled a few and I never needed a puller. I put the steering wheel on lock and jiggle it back and forth and then pull and it has always come right off.
Old November 6th, 2009, 01:00 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I took a small bar of metal, drilled two holes in it and used two bolts to pull the wheel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 6th, 2009, 01:08 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Thanks!
Old November 6th, 2009, 04:23 PM
diesel_jim
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
Just loosen the nut but don't take it all the way off and you won't smash your face. I have pulled a few and I never needed a puller. I put the steering wheel on lock and jiggle it back and forth and then pull and it has always come right off.
^^^^ What he said.... leave the nut in place, grab the wheel at 9'olock and 3 o'clock and wiggle like mad, then at 12 and 6, pulling and wiggling.

after a bit it'll come loose on the splines.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
wheel