Steering wheel adapters - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 10th, 2005, 08:52 PM
whistler110
Mike Johnstone
ex-mod 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
It has to do with the funky turn signal trippers on the back of it.
Are you not using the stock snap ring?
Advertisement

Old February 10th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

huh? Don't know what that is. Maybe it is a good thing that I am picking up two other steering wheels tomarrow to compare.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old February 11th, 2005, 01:17 AM
whistler110
Mike Johnstone
ex-mod 110

Here is the parts diagram for the steering assembly. The snap ring is number 3, and on my truck it is what hits the plastic ring to cancel the turn signal.

If you'd like to see any other diagrams let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled1.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	2514  
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Thanks! I will look into incorporating that. See which way is less costly.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:14 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

David what is the status of this project?
Old March 31st, 2005, 10:44 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Sorry this has fallen behind. I m still going to do it and get the price right. I started to rep another product, which took some time that I thought I would have. The other issue was the only done adapter was on my truck and I need it to copy it. Problem was I broke the truck last time out and it has been sitting a ways away from me for a while. I believe in thorough testing! I will get on it and get something accomplished!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Okay,

I need all you guys feedback. The adapter will be done shortly. I have two questions for you all. I can have them anodized. I can choose between black, red, or blue. I can also supply them in standard AL. Don't worry, I will make one gold for you artm! I would like feedback on what everyone would want because I am going to have to choose just one color. Also, there are two ways to do the bolt pattern for different wheels. I can have multiple holes drilled for many different Aftermarket wheel patterns. This way, you could line up the holes that you would want to use, but there would be extra holes on the adapter. Or, I can leave it without holes and let each one of you guys drill whatever pattern of steering wheel you want. I will do whatever you want but it has to be one of the two options as all these adapters are going to be CNC machined and I do not want to create multiple programs. These adapters could be ready as soon as the monday after this next one. Oh, and I will have the price under $40 almost guaranteed. Under $50 guaranteed.

FYI: They are all CNC Machined out of Billet AL. Very high quality. You will love the quality. I am starting with 100. Thanks

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 13th, 2005, 10:21 PM
stevewhitaker
Stephen Whitaker
1994 D-90

Registry
For me I would probably prefer them to be finished in either anodized black or regular Al. I am not sure about the hole patterns. Clearly it would be nice to have pre-drilled holes (thus eliminating any potential disaster when drilling myself), but I am having trouble picturing just whether or not any of the unused holes would be visible with certain steering wheels. In any case, it is great of you to go through this effort, it ought to be a great improvement over our stock arrangements.
Old May 14th, 2005, 12:16 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

David, I would like a black one, I guess pre-drilled seems the smarter move for less mechanicly inclinded people like myself.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 14th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Rick Carlisle
Rick Carlisle
1997 Alpine White D-90 SW

black, pre-drilled
Old May 14th, 2005, 11:02 AM
jdb3760
Jake Buinewicz
95 Defender 90 softtop

Black and pre-drilled
Old May 14th, 2005, 11:19 AM
PT94D90
Phil
Currently Defenderless

ditto
Old May 14th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Exactly!
Old May 15th, 2005, 01:19 PM
thelandroverguy
Vince
1997 D-90 ST

Black, pre-drilled please.
Old May 15th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Okay guys,

Thanks for the replies. It will be black and pre-drilled. Now to the million dollar question. What wheel manufacturer's are the most important to you all. I want to make a universal adapter but in order to do that, the adapter will look like swiss cheese. So far, it can work with APC and Grant steering wheels. If there are other companies like MOMO that you have your heart set on, please let me know. I can make them fit most things, but a big part of this is to keep it skinny (I think the wheel is too close to us to begin with) and to keep the price down. Thanks!!!

Edit: I can add MOMO to the list but that brings me up to 14 holes. I can ax APC if you all want and drop it to 9 holes for MOMO and Grant. These are not holes that you will be able to see at all, but structural integrity is something to consider at a cirtain point.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 18th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Hey,

It is nearing done. It looks like the adapter will work with any Grant, Momo, or sparco wheel. Is this good enough or are there others that you would want? You guys are the customer, so speak now! Thanks!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Sounds good. Any other needs, and we get out our Makitas.

Doug W.
Old May 19th, 2005, 09:49 AM
stevewhitaker
Stephen Whitaker
1994 D-90

Registry
That sounds great to me. Good job! Can't wait to get my hands on one.
Old May 19th, 2005, 03:56 PM
jdb3760
Jake Buinewicz
95 Defender 90 softtop

Same here. Now I have to shop for a wheel. Could anyone suggest a nice and comfortable grant, momo, or sparco wheel?
Old May 19th, 2005, 06:39 PM
arbik
Arbi Karapetian
1995 D-90 SW #163/500

What would be cool, is to get a steering wheel that looks stock, has a place for the Land Rover emblem at the center, and is a bit smaller. That would be champ.
Looking at the MOMOs, I like the Runner, the Club4, maybe the Monte Carlo.
Looking at the Grants, I like the GT Ralley models 1102, 1105 and 1107. The carbon fiber or the wood are turn offs, but that can always be painted basic black.
I dont care for any of the Sparco wheels, too racy.
Any other manufacturers?

-arbi

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
wheel