Steering wheel adapters - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 20th, 2005, 09:21 AM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

Dave, Im in for an adapter, it will be nice to have a better wheel to look at.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

I'm in.

Doug W.
Old January 21st, 2005, 11:41 AM
stevewhitaker
Stephen Whitaker
1994 D-90

Registry
Sounds good to me. I'm in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I am getting close to have this all figured out. Right now it looks like it will be made from machined aluminum puck with 1/4 plate to bolt the steering wheel to. Should be very clean. I will keep everyone in the loop on my progress.

Dave

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old February 7th, 2005, 11:38 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Okay, who speaks German? I found an adapter:

http://www.ex-tec.de/shop/products.p...7d8d2d6575fea7

Funny enough, they also have storage boxes just like Troy's....

Old February 7th, 2005, 11:41 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Product list: Specials Defender/sport steering wheel

Sport steering wheel Dino®
for all Defender

Art. No.: 2003

Price: € 164,00

Percussion protection
for sport steering wheel Dino, leather black

Next Page:

Sport steering wheel Dino®
A comfortable, beautifully processed leather steering wheel, which lies owing to its ergonomically formed out profile very well in the hand.
Opposite the series steering wheel around approx. 4 cm smaller diameters provides for increased knee liberty - doing good straight for large drivers.

Supply without percussion protection.

Diameter 360 mm

For the assembly you need a suitable steering wheel adapter, available for steering shaft diameters 17 mm and/or 19 mm.

A doing V appraisal for the entry in the vehicle registration is provided.

How it That!
Old February 7th, 2005, 11:42 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Thanks Dave I could figure that much out. What I want to know is what shipping will cost....

Old February 7th, 2005, 01:20 PM
tim
Timothy Homewood
Defender 50th going topless

Hi Guys,

I actually bought one of these the other day..from ETT based here in france. Issue was no-one could tell me what size of splined shaft I had...so we measured it - obviously there is more than one size around. Ok, the interesting thing is that it has about 12 monting holes in it (I guess this means you can mount several brands of steering wheel). Not so cool, is that this thing is about 65mm high, which will force me to buy a compleatly flat steering wheel..hmmm. Cost was I belive 57 Euro..

tim
Old February 7th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I have finished the first prototype. The wifey has the digi camera so I will post pics tomarrow. The end unit is nice looking, and .600 of an inch thick. This was important to me for the functionality. My price, 56 euro.

...Just kidding. Right now that stupid part cost me about $80 to make, minus the broach. But now that I have some idea, I can get the price down. I will post more with pics.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old February 8th, 2005, 08:25 AM
ripp2002
L C
94 Defender 90

Sounds great. Looking forward to it.
Old February 9th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Here are pics of the new adapter with a wheel on it. Yes, I am too lazy to take the wheel off. And no, you are not required to put a super cheesy, pep boys, Ralph Machio inspired steering wheel on there. The adapter will fit any wheel that you want to use, from super nice, to below. Check out the low profile!

oooopppsss, how did a pic of my new axle truss get in there!? wierd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010319.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	2504   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010320.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	2505  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010321.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	2506   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010323.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	2507  

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old February 9th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

That's some serious s@#% going on under that truck, Dave. Adapter looks perfect!

DW
Old February 10th, 2005, 02:02 AM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Jeez Dave...yellow?!

Bling over substance.

I still love my Euro wheel.
Old February 10th, 2005, 08:24 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Dave, what's the diameter of your steering output shaft? I thought the Euro trucks or non-NAS trucks had a lrger diameter output than the rest of us.

Old February 10th, 2005, 10:07 AM
jabber
m j

I was just wondering what is the advantage of using this adaptor for an aftermarket steering wheel? Is it just personal preference or do you gain anything by it.
Old February 10th, 2005, 10:57 AM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

Ummm, I know I'm late, but I'd be in.
Old February 10th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Bling, AND Substance If you consider $24.95 bling. I am going to be testing these adapters on mine, a D1 and a NAS D90. I have access to them all. I think at this point that they are the same but I am not totally sure so I have to check. That is part of the reason this is taking so long. As to the advantages, I did it so that I could get rid of the 2 foot military wheel that was a pain in the ---. The only real advantage is the ability to mount the steering wheel of your choice, and to gain much needed arm room for us taller folks. It made my ride a lot more comfortable. I also went with a smaller wheel so that I cound get in and out with the mastercraft seats. I will keep moving foreword on this! I think I may just break down and cnc the others.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old February 10th, 2005, 11:33 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

So are you saying $24.95 if so give me the paypal address
Old February 10th, 2005, 11:37 AM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Bling isn't necessarily how much, it's how much does it look.

I'm only using the regular seats and Euro wheel in the 110 and I find it just fine. It's a bit slick at times so a leather cover may be in order but it's smaller than the NAS 90.

Certainly with larger seats it is a plus. I'm considering fitting Range Rover seats front and back (or middle) and a smaller wheel may be better.
Old February 10th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by draaronr
So are you saying $24.95 if so give me the paypal address
No, sorry, the wheel was 25, the first adapter I made cost me over $80. It has to do with the funky turn signal trippers on the back of it. I think that the only way that I can get these things down in the $50 range is to make a program and cnc the pucks. I am looking into it right now. Have some AL lined up I think. I will keep you all in the loop. Thanks for your patience!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
wheel