Steering problem! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 1st, 2005, 09:07 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Steering problem!

Last weekend I hit a rock with my front right tire really hard and it bent my steering wheel 180 deg. I checked the front links and they look fine, the steering box drop arm is where it suppose to be. Do you guys think I did something to my box, or do you think I bent something in the steering shaft?
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2005, 09:54 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
no chance that you've stripped out or snapped a bolt on the offset link that connects the steering column to the box? If its not there, and the drop arm, drag link and stuff is all OK, then its gotta be the box.

So the steering wheel now faces down instead of up? Is this the new center position? Or does turning the wheel to lock one way produce less tire movement than turning to lock the other way?
Old June 1st, 2005, 10:51 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Yes it's facing down and it's the center position.

I haven't check the lock to lock turning but when I turn left the wheels tends to skid and go very fast.
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2005, 02:55 AM
jabber
m j

That is one of the craziest things I've seen!!! Maybe we should do carnage again... Hit something else and it should right the wheel. Maybe we could even test that new fancy cage!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions