Station Wagon Top - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 28th, 2003, 11:39 AM
redrover

Station Wagon Top

Has any one removed their SW top to enjoy a convertible truck, and then put it back on? My question is -did they get it as air tight as the factory sealup. And is it a total hasel? I am not interested in converting to a ST, just popping the top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2003, 10:37 AM
comac90
Troy McNeill
Always looking...

it's a pain. i've done it. you're probably going to have to use some kind of silicone sealant along the top of the windscreen when you put it back on. there's also a good risk of screwing up the headliner unless you are extremely careful since you have to remove the front part of it to get to the windsheild screws.

you'll also have to pull the door. i'd recommend just pulling the hinge bolt instead of removing the entire hinge. its a lot less work ... & frustration. also, FWIW, ST rear doors do not have the same hinge bolt pattern as the SWs, so the doors aren't interchangable without drilling new holes.
good luck-
T

Support Roving Tracks (formerly Rover Tracks)
Old October 29th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Gkase
George Kase
1983 110 200Tdi CSW LHD

which door?

Troy,
why do you have to remove a door?
George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Hey George,

Rear door, it is full size with the top hinge mounting to the hard top. Sbould be a pita.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old October 29th, 2003, 05:32 PM
tbmcneill

'nuff said .... & it is a bit of a pain, especially if you're working solo.
T

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions