Station Wagon Rear Washer Squirter - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 26th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Mike Hansen
97 D-90 SW #2243
Station Wagon Rear Washer Squirter

Not really looking for help, but thought I would post a bit of tech section info.

Worked on my rear window washer squirter yesterday and got it working. With some advice from Charlie Haigh at LR Flatirons, he figured that it was a check valve failure, not a pump failure, he was dead on. But were was the check valve? Well after blowing the lines out with compressed air, reattaching the line to the pump, then testing, I found the check valve. When I blew the line out with compressed air, I blew apart the check valve so the leak was then easy to find.

Now when the engineers (jackasses) at land rover were contemplating the placement of the washer squirter check valve, I am sure that there was no reason what so ever that they could think of why the drivers side headliner was not the perfect spot for this check valve.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
--Benjamin Franklin
Old March 13th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Justin Simmons
Is the check valve located in the roof under the headliner? Where, front or back? Do you have to remove the headliner to replace it?

My squirter isn't working but the pump is so I am assuming it is the check valve.

Old March 14th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Scott Y
95 D90 SW, 2003 Disco II, 93 D110
Having just pulled out my headliner and having it resurfaced, I can tell you exactly where mine is -- 95 D90 SW. It is in the inside lip toward the front of the driver side door (left). You will need to remove the two screws to remove the driver side visor and then there are two white plastic Christmas tree fastners. The fasteners are tuff to remove without breaking when using a screw driver. I would go to your local after market car parts place and pic up a $8 trim remover tool. With these four items removed you should have enough spacer to reach up and pull the check valve down. It is about the diameter of half dollar and a half inch think.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions