Starting problems now - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 6th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Matt J.
None at the moment
Starting problems now

Sorry fellas but, as usual, I need some help.

I just replaced the viscous coupling - it's a simple thing to all of you fellers, but to me it was a big victory... the battery was weak anyway before I parked it for that, so I disconnected the battery while I fought the VC battle. I got the VC replacement finished, reconnected the battery, tried a jumper pack AND jump-starting... and nothing. No motion at all. Lights all come on, it pumps up the steering pump... but turn the key and absolutely nothing happens.

It's never failed to turn over, even with the battery near death. It's been parked for about 3 weeks disconnected.

I do have an electrical leak somewhere I haven't diagnosed - lost my digital multimeter. Possibly related?

I'm afraid it's the starter motor, but there's a reverse light / start inhibit bit that might be problematic... except the reverse lights come on fine.

??? I would be most appreciative of any useful advice. I have been working on this Rover since spring as many of you recall, and planned to FINALLY take it to the inspection station this week for a final alignment and (hopefully, successful) inspection.

Ya know, it's funny... every single time I fix one thing, another, unrelated issue creeps up and I'm back under the truck or into the engine. I think that I'm going insane ha-ha-hee-hee...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

problems, start, starting